Trending Now
Loading...

Facebook

RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Tia Kofi Talks RuPaul Critiques & Going Viral With The Fans


RuPaul's Drag Race UK fan-favorite Tia Kofi is opening up about how she felt getting so many critiques by RuPaul and the other queens, and how she felt going viral with the fans. From the very beginning, Tia Kofi captivated the fans with her hilarious and brutally honest descriptions of her looks. Tia's "big sister" energy toward her fellow co-stars also prompted the fans to fall in love with this kooky queen that showcased fantastic live performance chops and a sense of humor that is very unique to her. Unfortunately, Tia was eliminated in week six after lip syncing for her life against frontrunner Lawrence Chaney.

During an interview with Screen Rant, Tia Kofi talked about getting so many negative critiques on RuPaul's Drag Race UK when it came to her runway looks. Going into the competition, Tia was very surprised that her looks weren't up to standard: "I watched the first season of Drag Race UK and was like, 'I guess hot-gluing Brillo pads onto a corset is fine, so I'll be fine.' Cheryl Hole's finger skirt made out of one plastic bag was safe, so I'm gonna be fine. And then this season had all these style icons and I was like, 'Well, I guess not! Should've tried harder on my first season audition!'" Alas, Tia felt that the judges were just doing their jobs, but that her fellow queens could have been a little less outwardly critical of her runway choices: "Is your name RuPaul Charles? No. Then, stop. Maybe think about someone else's feelings for a sec. Your job is to focus on yourself and the competition."

Related: RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Joe Black Explains H&M Dress & Reacts To RuPaul Moment

All things considered, Tia Kofi had a great attitude and sense of humor on Drag Race UK, despite hearing those negative comments from everyone. The queen explained, "If you play Monopoly and you flip the board over because you don't have the most money, then you've kind of misunderstood what this is all about. You're supposed to be enjoying yourself. I might not have all the badges and high placements, but I'm literally on Drag Race UK. How can anyone complain or have a bad time?" Throughout the season, Tia Kofi went viral a few times as the fans fell in love with her hilarious descriptions of her runway looks, and the queen loved it all: "I think I just realized that I talk, like, weird? [Laughs] That has always been how I talk about things, so I think it just made me realize that I'm a bit odd, and I'm so okay with that. I just like the fact that everyone enjoys it." Tia's greatest advice for future contestants on the show is to just own up to what they're really presenting. She added, "Just be honest: 'I've made a terrible outfit and I think it's quite hilarious.'"

While it is true that Tia Kofi sent home fierce queens like Asttina Mandella and Joe Black and was eliminated by three-time maxi challenge winner Lawrence Chaney, the queen doesn't consider herself to be a Lip Sync Assassin. Tia justified, "I've been calling myself the Lip Sync Messassin because I'm not sure those [wins] count as like, an 'assassin,' but count more like, 'Well, that was fun!' [Laughs] I think it's pretty wild because my entire drag career has been about singing live or acting. I never really lip synced before. And I probably should've practiced more, now that I think about it."

Tia Kofi is currently promoting her new single, "Outside In." The queen is also part of a girl group called The Vixens, and she hopes that her bandmates Pixie Polite and Woe Addams can someday go on to have a Drag Race experience that is more streamlined than hers. For the time being, the fans can keep up with Tia Kofi via Instagram or Twitter.

More: RuPaul's Drag Race UK: The Story Behind Veronica Green Not Coming Back

RuPaul's Drag Race UK season 2 airs Thursdays at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET exclusively on WOW Presents Plus in the US and select territories worldwide, day-and-date with its international airing on BBC iPlayer in the UK.



from ScreenRant - Feed

Show Comments

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel